Saturday, November 12, 2005

This Week's SBQ

This week’s SBQ was suggested by Dawn and is:

When comparing large projects versus small projects, which do you get more excited about finishing?

Interesting question for me because I have done only one small project in my 25 years of stitching. I just seem to gravitate to the larger projects and I almost always give them away. I don't know that I get extremely excited when I am finished, but I have a deep feeling of awe when I see the piece in someone's home. A little voice inside me says - wow, I did that.

The "small" one was my first project. It is a man standing in a boat with a rainbow trout jumping out of the water. I did it when I was 17 for my Dad. Of course at the time I did not think it was small but now that I look at it hanging in my home (my Dad passed away May 2005), it looks really small. I can still recall the pride I felt when I finished it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home